Friday 31 October 2014

Can I Talk?

Don't say it twice, I know
Yeah, I know my ego is super-sized
What do you expect from a young guy that knows he's about to blow
I hope I don't sound like my upbringing wasn't supervised
I'm a good kid, in a mad city, shoulders slumped, head down, walking slow
But that was years ago when I considered suicide
Now, I smile, hold my shoulders high, bare-feet running on hot coal
Now, I examine my every thought, every next move scrutinized

The difference between the past and today
The past was rough and suicidal
I prayed a lot and knew there was no way
The past could be in harmony with the future. They're rivals.
So I smile when I look back
Those days were bleak
Struggle days, all the necessities I used to lack
These days are much better, cozy bed, the roof doesn't leak
Not even successful yet, I'm on the brink
I know I'll blow, there's never a doubt
A toast to that foreseen greatness, let's drink
Good night, when the sun comes up, we'll be up and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just leave this page, fam. Say something about what you just read.